Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Dylan


dylan
Originally uploaded by skinny.jeans

I packed up Dylan into his carrier, scrubbed out his litter box while he and I cried, then set him on the backseat of hattie's car. She and I talked for about 40 minutes, and then I shut the door and she drove away. My Dylan.

Honestly, it's one of the hardest things I've ever done, and for those of you who know me well, you'll know that's saying a lot. He's been my friend and companion in a time of great uncertainty and change. He's the first pet I've had that I've bonded to like this, and I will never forget him. It's better this way; hattie will take great care of him, and I will be moving in with my sister who will not have to worry about her allergies and asthma acting up in the middle of a shut-in winter. Dylan won't have to make the flight to Alaska. My Dylan.

Dylan, I will miss you.

No comments: